Sunday, October 13, 2013

Star Nail Art using Konad Stamping Technique

When I started my blog, my goal was to post once a week. I've been pretty bad at sticking to this for a couple of reasons. Firstly I was on vacation in the UK seeing my family and secondly I just started a new job so I've been pretty busy learning!

Whilst I was in the UK I picked up a Konad stamp set. I'd wanted to try nail stamping for a while and was pretty excited to come across the kit in the store. I ended up purchasing plate m3 and a white Konad polish. This weekend I used the stamping set for the first time. I painted my nails with Color Club's Revvolution, a dark grey, almost black holographic polish. I then went crazy stamping stars all over my nails.


I love how this mani turned out! The stamping was tricky at first but once I practiced a few times, the stars turned out really well. I found the stars looked better if I slightly rocked the stamper whilst picking up the star from the Konad plate.



The great thing with using a dark polish for the base was that if a star didn't turn out well, I just painted over that part of the nail and tried again in a few minutes. Patience is key when stamping as sometimes the image won't properly stick. I feel that it's worth it for such a unique effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment